America's best-selling line of trucks for four decades gets even tougher, smarter and capable than ever before with the 2018 edition of the popular F-150. With upgrades under the hood, the solid chassis, and interior smart components, consumers will have their choice of multiple trim levels and upgrades to craft a Ford F-150 perfect for their wants, needs and budget.
The 2018 Ford F-150 is Tougher
The phrase “Built Ford Tough” is not just a clever marketing jingle. In fact, the improvements to the chassis, frame, and suspension system made in 2018 solidify this claim. The 2018’s fully boxed ladder frame is made with a high-strength rolled steel, making it more durable and resistant to corrosion, and more rigid than competitors’ trucks. Furthermore, Ford uses high-strength, military-grade aluminum alloys for the cab and bed, making it more resistant to dents and scratches. The steel frame and aluminum alloy body together make the F-150 lighter than other trucks, thereby increasing its towing and hauling capability, improving its acceleration and braking, as well as making it slightly more fuel efficient.
There are multiple models to choose from: the XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch®, Raptor, Platinum, and Limited. Wheel sizes also range from 17” to 22”.
The 2018 Ford F-150 is Smarter
Ford has been regarded as a pioneer in smart-vehicle technology. However, with the new 2018 Ford F-150, they are taking it to a whole new level.
Some of the new features showcased in the new 2018 Ford F-150 include:
- Improved Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection: The 2018 F-150 will now scan the road ahead, and visually and audibly alert you when it senses a potential collision. To further decrease chances of collision, rather than visually alerting you on your dashboard where you would have to look down to discover the cause, Pre-Collision Assist will actually display the alert on your windshield. Furthermore, Pre-Collision Assist increases brake sensitivity or will even brake for you automatically if it senses that you are not braking and a collision will undoubtedly occur.
- Lane-Keeping System: The F-150’s ability to scan the road ahead also turns the lane-keeping system into a reality. Your new 2018 Ford truck will now sense when you are drifting too close to a lane marker and will cause the steering wheel to vibrate and/or give torque sensations. This will hopefully help to decrease the number of accidents caused by drivers falling asleep at the wheel.
- Newest B & O Play Premium Audio System by Harman: High end speakers and powerful amplifiers deliver a crystal-clear audio experience.
- Embedded 4G LTE modem: you can now use the 2018 F-150 to create a Wi-Fi hot spot
- SYNC® and SYNC3 Connect, Powered by FordPassä: Compatible with both Apple and Android mobile devices, you can now download the FordPass app. With this app, you can control and access various features of your truck, right from your phone. For example, you can lock and unlock doors, start your truck, track its location, view fuel levels and even compare fuel prices at gas stations between your current location and your destination, to name a few. You can also create a schedule so that your truck will start at a certain time.
- 360-Degree Camera With Split-View Display: With the use of 4 cameras (one in the grille, tailgate, and one under each sideview mirrors), you can now see every side of the truck while simultaneous being able to see the rear view camera.
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS ®) With ross-Traffic Alert and Trailer Coverage: Not only can BLIS detect and alert you when a car enters your blind spot, but it can also detect when there is a vehicle behind the truck, or even the trailer you’re towing, when you’re backing up.
F-150 is More Capable for 2018
In the new 2018 F-150, you can now choose between various engines, including Ford's powerful 3.0-liter Power Stroke®, a diesel engine. Previously, diesel engines have never been available in F-150s, until now.
Other options include the 3.3L V6 engine, 3.5L EcoBoost twin-turbo V6, 2.7L EcoBoost V6, and the 5.0L V8.
Flexibility, power, and technology are all features infused into the latest and greatest F-150s available from Ford. They will be arriving soon to Ford dealerships, so schedule some time this fall to check out the new line-up of Ford F-150 pick-ups to find one perfect for you and your needs.